- Complements HD television screens with highly detailed, richly textured sound.
- Uses your WiFi, easy to set up and expand your system over time.
- Requires just two cords: one power cord, one optical cord (both included).
- Understands and speaks most IR remote’s language and can be controlled by free apps for your Android®, iPhone® or iPad®.
- Plays all sources plugged in to your HDTV: cable/SAT boxes, Blu-Ray players, and video game consoles. If it’s connected to your HDTV, PLAYBAR will play it.
Epic sound for your movies, games and music.
- Epic Sound for Your Television
PLAYBAR’s nine-speaker driver soundbar design floods your home with huge waves of epic, full-theater sound for TV, Web, Movies and Video Games.
- All the music on earth
PLAYBAR doubles up not only as a soundbar but also as a stand-alone all-in-one Sonos player that allows you to wirelessly stream all the music on earth—your iTunes library, your favorite music services, and thousands of Internet radio stations, shows and podcasts.
- Easy setup
PLAYBAR connects to your TV using a single optical cable and power cord and plays everything that is connected to your TV, from cable boxes to gaming consoles.
No rewiring required. Connect PLAYBAR to your home WiFi network using the free Sonos Controller App.
- Flexible design
The PLAYBAR's long, thin soundbar shape allows it to sit easily above or beneath your TV on a table or a console, or to be wall-mounted.
- Universal audio
PLAYBAR speaks DOLBY DIGITAL and stereo, so you never miss a moment of the action.
- Easily create a 3.1 home theater system
Pair PLAYBAR with SUB.
- Easily create a 5.1 home theater system
Access all your music
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations, free of charge
Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts, all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer: browse for stations, or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
- Endless music from the most popular online music services
Sonos works seamlessly with Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, Radio by TuneIn, SiriusXM, Google Play Music, SoundCloud, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Rhapsody, Rdio, Qobuz, TIDAL and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Computer-free music playback
Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading, or even turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
- Play the music on your computer in any room
Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes® to MP3.
Other cool features
- Night Sound
For late night viewing, ‘Night Sound’ dynamically compresses the audio to avoid any bangs and crashes waking the family, while making quieter sounds more audible.
- Speech Enhancement
Boost the frequency range of the human voice so you never miss those essential moments of dialogue.
- TV Autoplay
Want your TV audio to automatically play through PLAYBAR when you turn on your TV? If so, keep the settings as is. If not, go to TV Setup and Control, select TV Autoplay, and choose Off.
Control your Sonos system with your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android™ device, iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad™, PC, or Mac.
Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone, iPad, PC, and Mac let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the mobile apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play™. Download the PC and Mac apps.
- Integrated, multi-room control
If you have multiple Sonos speakers, you can control what's playing in any room from anywhere in your house.
- Find and play your favorite songs in an instant
Search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in your home.
Wireless multi-room music with SonosNet
- Built-in wireless capability
The PLAYBAR can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Players and Controllers establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
- Play a different song in every room, at the same time
Tune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room — simultaneously.
- Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronization
Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
Automatic software updates
- New features and music services delivered automatically — and for free
The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.